So, if you don’t even know how to say hello, you’d better read on, for this is a VERY serious case, because saying hello is very quick, easy, and important! Now, read on! Don’t waste your time reading this part about having to read on and not reading this part! Hurry, before your guests come! Just, read the next paragraph! Don’t waste time looking out the window! Sit still and read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally! Now that you are in this paragraph, I’d better tell you the basics. Well, maybe I will make a list with 1. 2. 3. and so on. Well, get down there! It’s not a deep hole! Well, the hole from your mouth to your voice box is not!
How To Say HELLO:
- Open your mouth into an oval.
- Take a breath in very quickly.
- Blow air up from your throat to make a ‘hhhhhhh’ sound for approximately half a second.
- Stop making a ‘hhhhhhh’ sound and make your mouth into an ‘O’ shape (or a circle – whichever you prefer).
- Make an ‘eeeeeee’ sound (like in hello) for approximately half a second.
- Keep your mouth in an ‘O’ shape, but bring you teeth a bit more together (but not touching – about one and a half centimeters apart). Put your tongue in between your teeth, about the one centimeter out.
- Make a ‘LLLLLLL’ sound for approximately one second.
- Keep your mouth still in the ‘O’ (or circle) position, but put your teeth back up and your tongue flat on the bottom of your mouth.
- Make the sound you make when you say ‘Oh’. (If you don’t know how to say ‘Oh’, or if you are not sure you are saying it right, please comment, so I can make a Quick How-To on it. 🙂 )
- Now you are done! You say this only once.
So, now you should go and practice in the mirror slowly, then faster and faster, until you are just as fast as other people. It usually takes two to three seconds for the whole word to be said.
Have fun with the new word you just said!